Instant Pot Pork Chili Verde
This recipe is adapted to fit a low carb style. It originally called for sweet potato (2.5 cups), but that aint Keto friendly! I was TRYING to get butternut squash to sub for it, but I didn’t find any, so we’re going to do green bell pepper and yellow squash. If you want to make it with the sweet potato, omit the squash and bell pepper!
We have made this one time before and it was really good, but had a really SWEET kick to it. Hopefully the squash mellows that out…but we will see.
If you have ever watched us cook, you will know that we rarey make any recipes that we’ve tried before…this one doesn’t QUITE fall into that category, but close!
Also, we are new to the Instant Pot life so we might fumble with that too.
It’s all a part of the show folks! Sit back, and enjoy while Michelle is charming and I swear too much.
Heres the recipe!
- 1 TBSP Oil
- 1 Pound Tomatillos (chopped)
- 3 Cloves Garlic
- 3/4 Cup Diced Onion
- 1 Medium Yellow Squash
- 1 Bell Pepper
- 2 Pounds Pork Stew Meat
- 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth
- 3 TBSP Chopped Cilantro
- Monterey Jack Cheese
- Turn Instant Pot to Saute
- Add all ingredients except Broth and Cilantro and saute for 5 min, then turn off
- Add broth and cilantro
- Set Instant Pot for 20 minutes using manual mode
- Use the quick release method, stir well to help the tomatillos break down
- Garnish with Monterey Jack cheese, more diced cilantro, and avocado