Pressure cooked meatballs are an experiment that we wanna try because, well, we LOVE our instant pot!
You can freeze these for meal prep.
Prep Time 15 minutes – Cook Time 15 minutes – Chill Time 10 minutes – Total Time – 40 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/3 cup pork rinds crushed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakesoptional
- 1 cup beef broth or water
- In a large bowl mix everything together.
- Form meatballs and place on tray and chill in the freezer 5-10 minutes
- In the Instant Pot, pour in 1 cup of beef broth.
- Add in the trivet and place meatballs, stacking if needed.
- Turn Instant Pot to HIGH PRESSURE for 7 minutes (make sure and SEAL the thing!)
- Let pressure release naturally for a few minutes and then release pressure manually.
Tips for making the best Instant Pot meatballs:
- Don’t make the meatballs too big. If they are too big, they dry out on the outside and will be raw inside.
- Choose a variety of ground meat. Get creative with beef and pork, or keep it high fat and low fat beef.
- Add moisture. The egg is a necessity!
- Be gentle with the meatballs! Don’t make them super compact or they will end up rubbery.
- Oil your hands when rolling meatballs. This is a SWEET life hack to keep the meat from sticking to your hands.